The global COVID pandemic: Click here for an update on how the Covid-19 pandemic has impacted our operations.
- Seatrain is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the South African Maritime Training Academy (SAMTRA), a specialist in skills development and simulation training programmes for the maritime industry. Click on the link below to download our latest company brochure. Seatrain company profile screen
- We specialise in designing and managing local content programmes and managing students and trainees while they are in South Africa. Click here to view the training and courses on offer and here for details on our services.
- Seatrain was the official sponsor of the highly successful 2019, African Oil Week (AOW) Student Programme. Click here to read more and view photos from the event.
- Seatrain and SAMTRA operate from shared premises. Our partnership and close proximity offers numerous advantages.
- The majority of training is done on-site and in-house. Only specialist courses are outsourced to training providers which are carefully selected for their expertise.
- We specialise in the development of sustainable Human Resource strategies and solutions for the maritime and offshore sector. We work closely with our clients and concession holders to identify specific needs, taking into account long term goals, local content requirements and transformation agendas.
- For more than two decades, Seatrain has proven itself within the Angolan market and is the success factor behind some high profile industry leaders. The Seatrain training ‘pipelines’ have delivered numerous STCW 2010 Master Mariner and Chief Engineer (Unlimited) Certificates of Competency.
- A typical training programme for a Master or Chief Engineer (Unlimited) COC can take 8 – 10 years. Seatrain facilitates and manages the whole process from start to finish, along with the client.
- Seatrain Consulting operates within the parameters set out in SAMTRA’s Quality Management System in compliance with the ISO 9001:2008 standard and certified by Bureau Veritas.
We specialise in designing and managing local content programmes and managing students and trainees while they are in South Africa.