As per the SAMSA Marine Notice no 41, the full range of SAMSA services are available once again.
Please note the following:
- The availability of SAMSA services is subject to change at short notice.
- Application must still be made to the nearest SAMSA office in terms of Marine Notice 28 of 2020, specifically, at least 72 hours prior to SAMSA attendance being required. In addition, Annex 1 & 2 of Marine Notice 28 of 2020 must be submitted at time of application.
- Seafarer applications will be accepted for assessment.
- Level 3 assessments (oral examinations) are being conducted. Please contact your nearest SAMSA office for details.
- Eyesight Examinations are available, subject to specific office restrictions. Please contact your nearest SAMSA office for details.
- Seafarers are strongly encouraged to download and complete application forms prior to applying at and visiting a SAMSA office.
- Electronic submission of documentation is encouraged in all instances of application for service.
Read the full Marine Notice on the link below: